Monday, June 27, 2016

How My Ear and Brain Work Together

So I've been finding myself falling way way way too far on The Temper Trap's new song, Fall Together. It is on their new album which I just found out about... three weeks or three months after the launch? I don't know the exact number but I have to say I was a lil bit late getting this information. And yes, the first time I heard that song, I fuckin like it.

You know, there are some kind of people who can easily catch the real meaning of a lyrics. While I'm here, all I do whenever I listen to a song is enjoying the music. Like, literally the music. I realized this when I (again, too late) found Kodaline's song, All I Want. First time I heard that I feel like, oh wow, this song is sweet. And I didn't really mind the lyrics. Plus, I heard the song via YouTube and watched their video clip and it was so cool! The story of the video itself is quite interesting. Then I sing that song for like a whole week until Nadhira said that it was the soundtrack of The Fault In Our Stars. 

Which is a (quite) dramatic movie. 

I checked out the lyrics once again, realized that it was literally a song about someone who's leaving you like forever (I don't know, death, long distance, or something like that maybe, pokoknya ditinggal pergi deh). Turned out, I've mistaken "the feeling" of the song because I was listening to it like a happy and sweet song. The music (and the beat) makes me feel like it's not a sad song, at all. Maybe because I got influenced more by the instruments, not the lyrics. It was also happening once to Maliq's song, Coba Katakan, and as you know Maliq is always bring up a cheerful vibes on their songs. So when I listened to that song, I was okay until I understand the lyrics. Hm.

Back to The Temper Trap. The new song is hella good in my ears. I also tried to listen carefully to the lyrics now (sekalian latihan listening) so I don't mistake the song like before. Though I still don't quite understand what's inside the lyrics but I assume that it is about... falling together (YA MASA SIH???) Well I don't know, I think it's more about yah a person found another person. I can't interpret the whole lyrics but some verses got me like 'Awww...' and I really like the acoustic version which is adding some kind of slow, romantic feelings into the song. Like what I said before, the way the music presented can makes the lyrics more lyricable. When I hear the real version, the beat is stronger and my mind says, 'Hey, this song is great. Coba deh dengerinnya sambil nyuci, dijamin cucian kamu bakalan berasa enteng!' 

Nggak gitu juga sih, Del. 

Anyway, whenever I hear their (The Temper Trap) music, I feel like I wanna go out to some places and do travels. It's the same as I listen to Kings of Convenience, Owl City, Passion Pit, and Example (the song called Watch the Sun Come Up is totally a travel-vibes-kinda-song). The feeling on their songs makes you feel like you need to grab your bag, pack some clothes and cameras, and go all the way to--let's say--Japan. Hahaha. 

Oh oh, I almost forgot. DOUGY'S HAIR IS EVERYTHING LIKE each video is an eye contact between me and his hair. Oh my WHY AM I SO ADDICTED TO GONDRONG GUY PLZ HELP MEEEHHH I CAN'T RESIST RASANYA PENGEN ELUS ITU RAMBUT TERUS DITEMPELIN KE IDUNG BIAR KAYAK KUMIS GITU LHO. Ah. Capeq hati adeq, bank :') 

No comments

Post a Comment

© based on a true story.
Maira Gall