Saturday, September 2, 2017

Soon Finland

Music, can bring a particular feeling to your... let's say heart, said someone somewhere here in the universe. Well I prefer to believe: it is us, who bring that particular feeling to our heart whenever we hear a song. The song is just standing there, until we came and put some feelings (or suggestion? or anything?) into it. The song did not create the sensation, but we did. Our brain works incredibly fast to pick a certain feeling, memory, or thought when we hear that catchy notes at that first chorus.

And with this song called "Soon Finland" by the so-called-and-categorized-as-indie-band The Girl with the Hair, I experienced that moment.

The guitar welcomes my ear and all of sudden, the whole stuffs popping up and bringing a sentimental feelings to my lungs. And my heart. My brain has amazingly choose one or two memories to make me feel more dramatic when I'm just sitting (or jongkok sometimes) here in front of the laptop. And again, I cannot say that it is the music that got me this sense. It is me, and my fuckin old memories that I don't know why but it perfectly suit with the song.

The post is supposed to end right here but I have an additional information about what memories did come across my brain when I listened "Soon Finland".  I know it is not important that's why I suggest you to stop reading this post right now. But if you're insist---and only if you are insist---to read the rest of my words, I'd be appreciate it [insert bowing emoji/stickers].

It is not exactly a memory, it is just a kind of ambience that I'm not sure if I could describe it. It is like I'm on my way to new places with these people and I'm just so happy to walk out for awhile. I feel the clean air, the trees, the saltwater, and of course a glimpse of landscapes from the train and plane and car and motorcycle. Everything just mixed together so well that I started picturing those times I walk hand in hand with them, laughing over something ridiculous til my stomach aches so bad and tears fall down with no burden, having a little frustrating debate when you get lost and starving at the same time, telling some stories that you've never told before, and what else... screaming "I love you!" on the road with an high expectation that people would notice your happiness but, come on, you don't really care about it as long as the person behind you hear it clearly. And also many other things I couldn't even remember yet I can sense it right now.

I repeat the song over and over while I'm writing this post. You see, the song is practically just staying there, but as soon as the guitar starts to play, I flooded myself with tons of feelings and I put those into my words. I don't know why I'm writing this because I don't have any good closing statement for this post. Believe me, I've been thinking for half an hour so I decided to be honest to you all. Ciah.

This Saturday night, I choose to feel a bit philosophical/sentimental. And it turns well. More than well, I guess.

No comments

Post a Comment

© based on a true story.
Maira Gall